Product Manager - Navigation
US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Location: CA - San Diego
As a Product Manager on our Navigation team, you are someone who exhibits passion, leadership, is a strong communicator, and is strategic and forward thinking. You'll direct the development of company market requirements for our Navigation product line, including defining the strategy, requirements analysis, and pricing. Because you are results-oriented and take pride in optimizing profit as well as meeting marketing, your team will help achieve our financial and corporate growth objectives. You're experienced working with Key Opinion Leaders and fostering relationships with key customers because you have an incredibly strong ability to communicate, and present effectively.
- Conduct marketing analysis to define, develop and implement product and procedure solutions Provide marketing leadership in product portfolio planning and product conceptualization and development aligned with product positioning, messaging.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the relevant targeted market(s) including customer needs assessments, knowledge of competitive options, and market opportunity assessments and incorporate this information into the planning, development, and execution of business goals and objectives.
- Partner with engineering team to coordinate the development of products and procedures to support and grow the business.
- Create, manage, coordinate and execute all marketing strategies and implement tactical plans including marketing and sales support materials, education and training initiatives, and promotional and media outreach activities, that meet and exceed company expectations
- Establish a marketing budget for the assigned products and manage expenses related to the business as needed
- Work directly with our sales team, motivating them, and creating content to help drive effective messaging surrounding your portfolio that will enable a sales force to successfully sell your product.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Successful experience working with Navigation or Robotics products
- Computer savvy with extensive experience with MS Office, specifically Word and Excel
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Strong communication skills and the ability write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals, and effectively present information to a wide audience.
- Calculate figures such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, margins, etc.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- 5+ years related experience in Product Marketing, Product Management and/or Medical Device experience.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time.
- Willingness to be in a cadaver lab throughout the product lifecycle as you work with a variety of internal/external resources on design iterations.
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.