Product Manager - TL Fixation
US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Location: CA - San Diego
As a Product Manager at NuVasive, you will be responsible for spearheading product development efforts and helping lead a product design from inception through the development process. You'll partner with engineers, surgeons and a diverse population of internal/external shareowners on design iterations through global commercialization and launch. You'll help define market requirements for our TL product line, including strategy, and pricing. This is an amazing opportunity for someone who can view this role as a true business owner; with passion and internal drive to manage products in several stages of development (i.e. existing portfolio, near-term launch, pending FDA approval and new products).
You will be involved in the product name, associated branding, technique, sales training and product launch with revenue goals in mind. Because you are result-oriented, you take pride in optimizing profit as well as meeting/exceeding marketing, financial and corporate growth objectives by working across diverse internal and external teams.
Your business plans focus on attention to long and short range consequences and optimization of both marketing share and profitability of existing and new products. Managing the day-to-day progress of the product, you astutely multitask as you conduct marketing analysis to develop product definitions, coordinate technical product development, estimates of potential profits, and release to production as well as a prioritized list of customer and market requirements for the product.
You realize that your products must prove to be clinically and financially justified so you carefully conduct market research to identify/track market trends, produce competitive analysis/materials to compare like products from our competitors and product selection/definition. Of course, because our customers are at the forefront of our success and the way we do business, you always perform your duties in compliance with applicable FDA and state regulations as well as standards. You are motivated and ready to immerse yourself in this role to become the subject matter expert.
- Demonstrate strong presentation and training skills for surgeons, sales representatives, and internal shareowners
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the relevant targeted market(s) including customer needs assessments, knowledge of competitive options, and market opportunity assessments
- Create strategic marketing campaigns and develop all product support materials
- Provide direct technical support to the sales force and assist in meeting sales objectives
- Participate in key sales situations for the product
- Produce competitive analysis materials and product forecasts
- Monitor and document emerging trends for the product
- Create strategies for product pricing, and positioning
- Prepare and allocate budgets across product marketing initiatives
- Successfully integrate product lines and collaborate/establish relationships with other groups
- Drive a solution across development teams through defining and validating market requirements
- Specify all market requirements for current and future products (min. 2-3 years out)
- Execute on time product launches
- Develop and implement an international go-to-market plan
- Perform duties in compliance with applicable FDA and state regulations as well as standards including, but not limited to, ISO 13485.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of related industry experience
- Must be able/willing to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time.
- Willingness to be in a cadaver lab and OR setting throughout the product lifecycle as you work with a variety of internal/external resources on design iterations and product support.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communication and/or a related discipline.
- 3+ years related experience in Product Marketing, Product Management and/or spinal device sales.
- Demonstrated success in a team environment
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.
Join one of our Talent Communities
Are you interested in joining NuVasive , but don't see the job opening that 's right for you? Join one of our talent communities and your information will be added to our prospect pool to be used when future positions open up!