Project Engineer, Development
US, US, CA - Aliso Viejo
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Location: CA - Aliso Viejo
As a Project Engineer you will primarily be responsible for the development of new products. You will create and layout all of the various phases of product development as you document your designs through the release of drawings, BOMs and other specifications. You will be responsible for creating project timelines and delivering on project milestones. You must be proficient with proof-of-concept prototyping, iteration, and device testing and be able to communicate design ideas using concept sketches or CAD renderings. You will also contribute on several levels including:
- Maintain active project schedules by interfacing with cross functional team members in completion of specialized orthopedic implant and instrument projects.
- Delegate project tasks to interdepartmental and cross functional team members.
- Perform mechanical design of components and assemblies including model and print generation.
- Collaborate with internal and external metal fabricators to produce medical devices including implants, instrumentation, tooling and fixtures based upon Shareowner’s designs/concepts.
- Accountable for the creation of protocols, execution of testing and report generation.
- Responsible for completion of design controls per internal standard operating procedures.
- Previous CAD experience preferably Pro/E, Creo or SolidWorks
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
- Applies in-depth specialty knowledge within subject area to complete assignments of diverse scope; contributes to the development of new plans, models, standards and techniques.
- Typically requires little instruction on day-to-day work high level instructions on new assignments.
- Solves problems in complicated situations through the application and integration of analytical skills, creativity and judgment.
- Adapts communication to accommodate audience diversity and may communicate internally at higher levels.
- Impacts business performance and operational efficiency through the delivery of results.
- Strong ability to read and interpret documents such as drawings, safety rules, company policy and procedure manuals.
- Ability/willingness to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 lbs.
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.