Project Manager - Surgical Intelligence
US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Location: CA - San Diego
As our Project Manager, with a focus on strategy, you’ll manage the stage gate process for our platform products and develop and implement new tools and standardization that will drive more efficiency and predictability into the new product development process. From a tactical perspective, you’ll oversee projects within the Surgical Intelligence group, acting as a liaison between project leaders, other project managers and key project stakeholders to drive visibility, accountability and speed of project task execution in alignment with the project plan.
This is a full-cycle project management role, where you’ll be heavily involved in project conception to implementation. As a hands-on Project Manager, you’ll lead teams to define the project scope, goals, and deliverables, as well as manage budgets that align to our overall corporate strategy.
- Oversee projects from initiation through product launch, ensuring projects are completed on time and on budget with utilization of technology to track timelines and milestones.
- Interface with medical professionals with respect to design and development project schedules of devices.
- Produce meaningful documentation and status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas, ensuring appropriate design controls and other applicable regulatory requirements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Conduct project post mortems and track recommendations and best practices in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Project Management duties for medical device development relevant to spine surgical procedures and in accordance to ISO and FDA regulations.
- Drive and support Special Projects as needed and support on-going integration efforts to help drive value creation, and maintain a strong understanding of the healthcare landscape, as it relates to government reform, the regulatory and reimbursement environment, major competitors, and other key stakeholders.
- Interface with medical professionals and internal stakeholders on design and development of project schedules.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of related experience with software (embedded systems) project management
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional project teams
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office and a strong ability to write business reports and correspondence as well as the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, employees, and management of organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills including interaction with Key Opinion Leaders and senior leadership
- Clear and persuasive communication, negotiation, and presentation skills and experience working in a multi-functional group and successfully navigating through levels of internal partners to complete a task.
- Ability to analyze and interpret general business periodicals, and professional journals, including ability to write comprehensive and persuasive reports as well as engaging business correspondence.
- Hands-on experience with SAP
- Direct experience with all aspects of product development: market requirement definition, design, analysis, testing, regulatory submissions, evaluation and launch
- Experience with capital equipment product development
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.