EMEA, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: No travel required
Location: United Kingdom
- Assist the Spine Specialist on field calls for assigned geography and address any problems that arise on the account.
- Ensure that all NuVasive sets/trays are restocked and prepared for future surgical cases.
- Develop thorough knowledge and understanding of all NuVasive products and major competitors in all product areas.
- Follow-up after surgery to resolve any open issues and close surgeon on use of the product.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, training programs, conventions, and trade shows as directed.
- Participate in key marketing activities such as peer-to-peer spine surgeon events and visiting surgeon programs.
- Communicate with current and new customer accounts regarding a variety of topics, including product updates, changes to product portfolio, and educational programs.
- Develop relationships with key spine surgeon customers.
- Perform field ride along with the Area Business Manager and/or Spine Specialist, on a regular basis
- Work closely with the Area Business Manager and Spine Specialists to identify potential surgeon targets for all NuVasive products.
- Provide regular feedback on a variety of topics including sales performance/penetration, market feedback, competitive activities, new target accounts, ideas regarding sales growth and new product development opportunities.
- Provide formal communication of customer needs to personnel for the purpose of improving existing product and developing new products.
- Develop skills to identify potential surgeon customers independently, including organizing events or making cold calls to drive awareness of NuVasive products in the surgeon community and secure surgeon access for trial and close.
- Implement new sales plans and effective marketing strategies to position the organization competitively and to meet/exceed territory objectives.
- Cross-sell additional products and manage new product introductions as they become available.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required. Education concentration in Business or (Medical) science preferred
- Strong technical skills with a good understanding of Spinal anatomy
- Minimum of 1½ years of experience in medical device sales or 2-3 years in general business to business sales.
- Operating room case coverage required with the goal of providing the highest level of value to the Operating Room staff.
- Strong selling skills with a proven track record.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills: the ability to do sales presentations with positive results.
- Strong ethics and understanding of compliance expectations.
- Ability to travel as necessary, which may include overnights and/or weekends.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office / Outlook,
- Valid driver license.
Living in the region
- Min. 3 years Spine Experience
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.