Sales Director, Mid-South Region
US, US, Field
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Field State: Tennesee
Responsible for the sales of NuVasive, Maximum Access Systems and the sales forecast within the region by performing the following duties.
* Recruit, develop and enhance the regional spine sales organization, including independent sales agent groups.
* Build regional business and revenue plan to include: territory analysis, market opportunity, 30-60-90 objectives, call pattern and frequency, surgeon/hospital penetration strategies, surgeon case funnel by product and required resources to execute plan.
* Build relationships with leading spine surgeons.
* Accelerate regional revenue and market penetration of NuVasive products.
* Achieve assigned sales quota via assigned Independent agent group(s).
* Acquire clinical competency skills with all NuVasive products to assure role of leadership, surgical case coverage when needed and providing the highest degree of value to regional sales team at all times.
* Develop the regional spine sales forecast/expense budget as part of the business plan.
* Establish a regional Key Accounts program.
* Assume personal responsibility for selling the Maximum Access Systems into leading regional teaching and reference institutions.
* Responsible for the development and planning of the regional sales organization and its activities.
* Provide regular weekly and timely feedback to the Senior VP of Sales on a variety of topics including sales performance, market feedback, new target accounts, ideas regarding sales growth, sales management and distributor sales rep evaluations, and new product development opportunities.
* Provide formal communication of customer needs to the Senior VP of Sales and Marketing for the purpose of improving existing product and developing new products.
* P&L responsibility
* Plan and coordinate the regional sales meetings and activities of NuVasive Spine products monthly.
* Responsible for securing and retaining high caliber regional independent agents for Maximum Access Systems.
* Responsible for the achievement of regional quarterly and yearly sales objectives.
* Responsible for maintaining expenses within budgeted quarterly allocations.
* Implement successful surgeon training courses as new technology is introduced.
* Perform selling functions independently with distribution sales management and/or sales representatives in order to meet sales forecast. These functions include: introducing the product to new customers, coordinating product evaluations, providing technical support, and creating financial proposals for hospitals.
* Provide check/balance for field travel time and expenditures, in order to serve hospitals and distributors that offer the best sales potential.
* Assist with the design and implementation of appropriate regional sales controls and reports.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and five to seven years Spinal medical device experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient and accurate with word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), charting, flow charting, and graphs. Competency in navigating the Internet.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions form groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public..
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- This job involves frequent travel.
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.