Senior Case Manager
US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Location: CA - San Diego
Under the direction and supervision of in-house Labor and Employment counsel, this position will provide a variety of legal services to the Company’s internal departments and divisions, including day-to-day advice and counsel regarding compliance with labor and employment-related rules and regulations and representing company in labor and employment-related litigation and administrative actions. This position will also be responsible for managing and directing internal investigations, managing outside counsel, including ensuring that outside counsel is performing services within budget and scope.
This position regularly interacts with senior leadership, requiring negotiation and influence on critical policy-making decisions (internal and external).
This position also deals with complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company and its policies and procedures, as well as employment rules and regulations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and Experience: Requires a minimum of 10 years of labor and employment-related legal experience with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience as a certified paralegal.
- Computer Skills: Advanced level proficiency with word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), presentation programs (PowerPoint) and databases (SharePoint and Relativity). High level of competency in navigating the Internet.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as company policy and procedure manuals, regulatory and compliance records, time and attendance records, SEC filings, Company balance sheets and budgets, and billing invoices. This position also requires the ability to speak effectively before groups of employees and executives, and write effectively, accurately and timely.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as regular rates of pay, overtime, proportions, percentages, discounts, commissions, etc.
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.