Senior Human Resource Manager
US, US, OH - West Carrollton
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Location: OH - West Carrollton
As a strategic partner, the Sr. Manager, Human Resources, Manufacturing, aligns business objectives with employees and management in our newly expanded manufacturing facility.
The Sr. Manager, HR serves as a consultant to management on Human Resources related issues. The successful Sr. Manager, HR will act as employee champion and change agent. Will assess and anticipate HR-related needs. Communicates needs proactively with our HR department, partners with the HR and business management and seeks to develop integrated solutions.
- Formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization.
- Maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business units financial position, its mid-range plans, its culture and its competition.
- Conduct weekly meetings with respective business units.
- Consult with line management providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Mentors and provides guidance to HR Representatives supporting the business unit through both direct and matrix reporting relationships.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with HR group to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day to day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR Policy guidance and interpretation.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, succession planning.
- Identify training needs for business units and individual executive coaching need.
- 8+ years’ experience
- Strong manufacturing background.
- Excellent consulting skills.
- Excellent client management and business literacy skills.
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a wide variety of audiences ranging from external stakeholders to executives and all employees.
- Develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
- Effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex business issues.
- Experience performing Organizational Health Assessments
- Results Oriented
- Strong Change Management skills
- Manage multiple business units in multiple locations.
- Manage multiple conflicting priorities.
- Ability to understand issues domestically and internationally and communicate effectively with clients.
- Be flexible and available to interact with employees at all levels.
- Be self-directed and motivated.
- Take initiative to identify and anticipate client needs and make recommendations for implementation.
- Perform duties in compliance with applicable FDA and state regulations as well as standards including but not limited to, ISO 13485.
- Proficient and accurate with word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), charting, flowcharting, and graphs. Competency in navigating the Internet.
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.