Senior Machinist 3rd Shift
US, US, OH - West Carrollton
Minimum Level of Education Required: High School/Equivalent
Percentage of Travel: No travel required
Location: OH - West Carrollton
The Sr. Machinist is responsible for the overall function of a CNC machine, providing open communication regarding production and routing any malfunctions to the appropriate person. The Sr. Machinist helps to develop advanced manufacturing processes by establishing best practices to ensure the highest quality and output of the machine.
· Maintains organization, cleanliness, and housekeeping (5S) within work area at the highest degree possible, reporting any maintenance issues.
- Ability to take a new part from print to finished product.
- Verifies conformance of finished work-piece to specifications using various measuring tools such as: CMM, calipers, micrometers, comparators, and vision system.
- Actively contributes to lean initiatives by identifying and providing suggestions on areas for improvement. Effectively applies lean concepts and tools in work area.
- Ability to review blueprints, process drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensional conformance to quality requirements.
- Ability to read, write, and understand G-code programming.
- Ability to calculate and set controls to optimize machining parameters such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control data.
- Provides training and guidance to machinists.
- Capability of setting up complex CNC machines, and making modifications and/or recommendations to process development team.
- Enters information into Camstar manufacturing platform (MES) and fill out the machine report sheet.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve difficult machining problems.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Works with team to build and sustain a safe and friendly working environment.
- Drives quality complaince using good manufacturing and document practices and workmanship standards.
- Actively engages in leading a culture of continuous improvement.
- Influences surrounding shareowners in a positive manner.
- Acts an informal leader to peers.
- Performs duties in compliance with applicable FDA and state regulations as well as standards including, but not limited to, ISO 13485.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- High school Diploma or equivalent required.
- 5+ years related experience with a CNC machine or related experience.
- Swiss Turn experience required.
- Attendance and punctuallity is required.
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.