US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: No travel required
Location: CA - San Diego
The Senior Accountant's goal is to ensure the accuracy, reliability and integrity of accounting processes. Within this role is the responsibility to establish and implement an effective system of internal controls and to ensure compliance with NuVasive policies and procedures and any applicable laws and regulations.
- Prepare, record and analyze complex high volume revenue transactions and related reserves.
- Verify, record, allocate, and payroll activity, analyze benefits, vacation, accrued payroll, workers’ comp, and various other (HSA/FSA, 401K, and Roth). Review entries for reasonableness and assist Payroll department with reconciliation and tie out of entries, as needed.
- Reconcile related payroll bank and employee benefit accounts
- Prepare and present balance sheet reconciliations as assigned
- Record and reconcile ESPP purchases
- Prepare analysis of fluctuation in BS and P&L statements
- Prepare financial and audit schedules and reports
- Work cross-functionally with individuals across the organization to support month-end close and reporting
- Perform SOX assessments/testing, as assigned
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Assist, train and mentor team members, as needed
- Other projects and responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- 5+ years progressive accounting experience in a publicly held company
· Ability and commitment to set priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment
· Highly organized, accountable and proactive with exceptional attention to detail
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Thorough knowledge of Accounting principles
- Intermediate/advanced Excel skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a successful team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- CPA license preferred
- SAP experience a plus
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.