US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: No travel required
Location: CA - San Diego
Participates in all aspects of the financial statement close cycle and operational accounting function to ensure accurate and timely recording of accounting transactions for royalties, GPO fees, rebates and other areas as assigned, including journal entries and reconciliations. Ensures compliance with relevant procedures and controls. Support key projects of the accounting department as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review, analyze and summarize royalty agreements, record related transactions in each monthly close.
- Maintain accurate system configuration for all royalty agreements within management software.
- Prepare quarterly payout summary and analysis for senior management.
- Primary point of contact on royalties accounting. Track all HCP royalty contracts and product launches to ensure timely payment of royalties.
- Perform accounting for Rebates and GPO programs; provide calculation support to internal customers on program data and payment information.
- Prepare and review balance sheet reconciliations for specific accounts as assigned, prepare key financial reports and schedules for financial and management reporting.
- Prepares schedules and reports for quarterly reviews, year-end audit, and compliance reviews and audits as required.
- Support design, modification, and implementation of accounting processes and/or systems to ensure accurate recognition of financial transactions.
- Plays an integral role in ensuring that day-to-day controls are operating as designed.
- Conduct technical accounting research and analysis.
- Manage complex accounting projects and participate as a team member on highly complex projects.
- Adhere to corporate compliance policies, including SOX internal control documentation
- Bachelor Degree in Accountancy or Business with a major in Accounting
- 3-5 years in a financial reporting or GL accounting position in a publicly held company and/or Big 4 public accounting firm
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in using Excel and other Microsoft Office Products
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP concepts, global accounting processes and internal controls
- Experience in royalties and/or contract review strongly preferred
- Experience in SAP, Oracle or other large ERP systems. Prior experience with Vistex and/or Xactly a plus
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.About NuVasiveNuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally disruptive, procedurally integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes. The Company's portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With over $1 billion in revenues, NuVasive has an approximate 2,400 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals, and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.