Now is the perfect time to join a growing company with an extremely noble cause. At NuVasive, you will not only help to drive business value, but actually see its impact. As part of NuVasive’s IT organization, you will be joining the best IT business in the spine industry. In IT, we are in a unique position which allows us to positively impact patients’ lives. As a part of our team, you will truly make a difference in someone’s life.
You will be joining a diverse team of business and IT professionals responsible for providing the solutions to support the organizations growth for data and analytical needs. Your experience and guidance will drive and shape the technical landscape of this growing and dynamic organization. The Sr BI Analyst requires "hands-on" business intelligence experience, gather requirements and designs, develops, modifies, debugs and evaluates BI/ EDW Solutions for varous business functions. Other responsibilities include providing user training and working with other teams to complete projects on schedule.
• Gather business requirements and translate them into functional and technical specifications.
• Partner with the data architects and ETL developers to ensure effective schemas are built for reporting applications.
• Help design EDW data marts by integrating data sources from desperate systems
• Using SQL development and querying tools , model and develop various data warehouse and BI /reporting solutions
• Design and develop BI reports, dashboards, cubes and various analytical solutions
• Perform various BI administration tasks, development and change management tasks
• Determine and develop the business intelligence solutions such as BI modeling, canned reports, distributed / burst reports, dashboards etc. required to support data mining, analytics, and reporting needs.
• Provide production support related to BI/ ETL tasks and work with other IT team members and service desk to resolve data refresh issues
• Provide off hours operational support as needed to ensure data, cubes refresh and report executions run smoothly as per schedule
• Performance tuning and enhancement of data loads, cubes and reports
• Continue to strive to provide innovative solutions for various BI/ EDW projects and tasks
• Mentor junior team members on various BI projects and to train them in the technical landscape and BI tools
• Help coordinate the development of necessary project documentation and standards required for compliance and identified best practices.
• Ensure business user issues are resolved in a timely manner.
• Able to train business users and help expand adoption of various BI solutions.
• Able to embrace and adapt to change while demonstrating flexibility and the ability to develop and follow new processes.
• Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university is required; majors in a Computer science or Information systems field preferred.
• Demonstrated 7+ yrs of BI experience and knowledge of the BI/ DW project lifecycle, including requirements gathering for BI/ DW projects, writing design specifications, development, testing and building reports and dashboard solutions
• Demonstrated experience in supporting and troubleshooting BI and data warehousing systems
• Strong SQL writing skills and relational database knowledge is desired (preferred SQL Server)
• Demonstrated ability to convert business requirements into effective functional and technical specifications
• Strong understanding of dimensional modeling concepts
• Strong experience in Cognos including report studio and developing active reports
• Strong experience using Cognos Framework manager for modeling relational and DMR models.
• Experience in using Cognos Transformer to build and refresh cubes.
• Experience setting up object and row level security for end users to access relational models and cubes
• Experience in design and development of advanced Cognos reports using multiple queries, bursting, drill-through, conditional formatting, master-detail reports, etc. in Cognos report studio against both relational and OLAP data sources.
• Experience in trouble shooting data warehouse refresh issues and BI data validation with source systems.
• Demonstrated ability to produce high quality technical documentation.
• Knowledge of systems development and project management methodologies/processes.
• Preferred experience on implementing Cognos on mobile solutions (preferably on iPad)
• Preferred experience in Cognos 10 and above (V11 exposure a plus)
• Preferred experience in Cognos Dynamics Cubes and admin activities to tune and use caching capabilities.
• Preferred experience in Cognos SDK, exposure to C#/ .Net environment a plus
• Preferred experience on Big Data projects and understanding of Big data concepts,
Hadoop, R, Python or related Big Data technologies used.
• Preferred experience in healthcare or medical device industry – understanding of related business functions and Order to Cash process a plus
• Preferred Experience in Tableau desktop and web – both building reports and administering Web user interface including maintaining data extracts and security
• Preferred experience in Informatica or any other ETL tool
• Preferred experience with SAP ECC or related ERP application
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.