Sr. Business Analyst, Operations
US, US, MD - Columbia
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Location: MD - Columbia
NuVasive Clinical Services is looking for an Sr. Business Analyst with Logistics background to support operations, organizing, and supporting the organization’s key initiatives. Business analyst responsibilities include working closely with subject matter experts, stakeholders and leadership to gather requirements, drive process improvements and learn the processes of our organization. To succeed in this role, you should have excellent time management, documentation and communication skills, as you’ll collaborate with business partners and internal teams to deliver results on deadlines.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis and task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, break down high-level information into details, abstract from low-level information to a general understanding and distinguish user requests from the underlying business need.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with business partners to analyze information and functional requirements and deliver project support content as needed.
- Work independently with users as well as under the direction of project managers.
- Engage analytical and product management skills and understanding to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to establish the process and technical vision and analyze tradeoffs.
- Proficient and accurate with word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), charting, flow charting, graphing and requirements document creation
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to guide projects and initiatives forward to the satisfaction of multiple stakeholders
- Experience performing data analysis in a business setting
- Experience documenting business requirements, executing change management during a project and maintaining documentation
- Hard worker, self-starter and team player
- Customer-focused attitude
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- High attention to detail and an analytic mind
- Ability to create and maintaining user training materials and/or leading user trainings of business functions
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Project Management or a related field.
- An ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules and step-by-step action plans
- PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA) or Entry Certificate in Business Analysis (IIBA-ECBA)
- Experience with projects of complex scope involving cross-functional stakeholders
- Experience in the medical device field including knowledge of applicable FDA and state regulations as well as standards including, but not limited to ISO 13485
- Knowledge of the standard software development lifecycle
- MBA / MS Logistics / MS Business Analitics
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.