Sr. Credentialing Coordinator
US, US, MD - Columbia
Minimum Level of Education Required: Associates Degree
Percentage of Travel: No travel required
Location: MD - Columbia
Sr. Credentialing Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing all aspects of technologist credentialing both internally and externally.
- Responsible for onboarding new hires
- Act as a resource for any NP in search of assistance
- Complete technologist applications for hospital privileges; work closely with hospital medical staff office
- Responsible for adhering to Joint Commission standards
- Filing, data entry, database maintenance
- Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material.
- Process initial applications and reappointments for hospitals and surgical centers as assigned by leadership.
- Facilitate and Track onboarding paperwork and applications to and from providers.
- Review provider applications for accuracy and completeness.
- Maintain complete and accurate provider credentialing files.
- Monitor and notify providers of upcoming expiable certifications, including expiring privileges, licensures, board certifications
- Maintain and update the credentialing database and medical staff services as needed for provider information and credentials change or renew.
- Maintain and update continuing medical education credits and other training requirements.
- Establish and maintain professional working relationships with providers and medical staff service departments.
- Provide weekly status updates to providers and leadership.
- Demonstrate exemplary customer service to our providers and facilities.
- Meet targeted credentialing deadlines and start dates.
- Contribute to the advancement and growth of the department.
- Complete training on time and ensure team completes training on time
- Good communication skills – written, telephone, and email. Must be articulate, personable, and able to make calls to hospital staff offices.
- Attention to detail, good computer skills – MS, Word, Excel
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent and two years work related experience
- Prior credentialing experience required
- Prior database experience and/or experience working in hospital administration desired.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Prior database experience and/or experience working in a hospital administration desired
- Experience working with teams
- Have an overall working knowledge of basic credentialing policies and procedures
- Skilled in computer applications including MS Word, MS Excel, database administration and scanning applications.
- Have excellent customer service skills.
- Have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to be flexible to change and growth.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
- Demonstrate ethical problem-solving skills.
- Skilled in professional verbal, written and email communications.
- Ability to work effectively with staff, physicians and external customers.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision while still being a team player
- Communicate professionally with the public and other internal departments.
- Ability to independently and consistently execute job responsibilities within a reasonable timeframe.
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.About NuVasiveNuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally disruptive, procedurally integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes. The Company's portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With over $1 billion in revenues, NuVasive has an approximate 2,400 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals, and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.