Sr. Financial Analyst - Marketing
US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: No travel required
Location: CA - San Diego
Nuvasive Finance is seeking a motivated, self-starting, dynamic individual to be an integral part of supporting our US Marketing team. This finance resource will provide P&L management with insight into the financial performance of the business, while providing financial support to translate strategy into execution. The candidate will be responsible for the financial analysis, planning, and reporting activities related to revenue, gross margin, selling expenses and asset utilization of the marketing organization.
- Key member supporting commercial leaders
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Development Engineering, Strategy and other finance functions
- Provide finance leadership for key commercial teams, providing analytics and insight to drive revenue growth and margin expansion
- Coordinate with several cross-functional teams to provide the business with analytics needed to drive growth and take market share
- Drive business cases and ROI analysis on sales force productivity, strategic investments, distributor strategy and other business initiatives
- Develop detailed sales reports, forecasts and analytics to enhance revenue forecast accuracy
- Maintain regional P&Ls and analyze monthly revenue and opex performance in the sales organization to support profitable sales growth for the organization.
- Support annual budget cycle and quarterly forecast cycles
- Partner closely with the sales organization and commercial business operations to develop deep business acumen
General Accounting and Monthly Close
- Month-end accruals and journal entries
- Provide month end reporting on revenue, expenses, inventory and capital
- Tracking spend budget vs. actual and associated variances
- Deep understanding of sales commission planning and variances
Ad hoc modeling and analysis
Drive financial and business process optimization
Perform duties in compliance with applicable FDA and state regulations as well as standards including, but not limited to, ISO 13485
- 5+ years of general accounting or finance experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience supporting a Commercial organization
- Ability to work with management at all levels and lead major projects and initiatives
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively across the organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, SAP, Cognos, Planning systems
- CPA and/or MBA
- Publicly traded company experience
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.