Sr. Lead Systems Engineer
US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: High School/Equivalent
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Location: CA - San Diego
As our Sr. Lead Systems Engineer, you'll evaluate and recommend network software & hardware technologies and products. Key to the position is creating and maintaining network diagrams, and supporting network documentation. You'll also assist in the design, development and implementation of disaster recovery procedures. It's important to stay current & relevant with new approaches, industry best practices, standards, relevant architectural principles. You'll ensure that technology planning and practices are aligned with strategic business goals and the company’s overall strategic roadmaps, through proactive research and recommendations of new IT solutions that help toward cost savings for the enterprise. Additionally, you'll review and evaluate current products and infrastructure to identify areas of improvement. Ensuring compliance to technology strategy, architecture strategy, and adherence to architectural patterns and practices across development, delivery, and operational lifecycles are your top priorities.
- 10+ years experience working on Internet and data center networks
- Solid understanding of and experience with BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, HSRP/VRRP, IPSEC, SNMP
- Deep, hands-on experience with TCP/IP protocols including capturing and analyzing traffic with Wireshark and/or other tools
- Hands on experience with Cisco IOS, and PanOS
- Linux/Unix networking knowledge
- Exposure to Cisco ASA and Palo Alto Firewalls
- Experience with network monitoring applications such as Zabbix, SolarWinds. Splunk is a plus.
- Proven ability to analyze and solve network incidents at all layers
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues
- Scripting experience (shell scripts, Perl, Python, Ansible) is a plus.
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.