Principal Engineer - Capital Equipment
US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Location: CA - San Diego
As Principal Engineer for our Intraoperative Solutions product development team, you'll manage Mechanical, Electrical, Software and Test Engineering activities to ensure successful product launches of medical imaging systems. You’ll create user stories that assist software engineers in creating product features. You’ll also work closely with surgeons in cadaver labs and clinical evaluations to gather feedback and relay to mechanical, electrical and software engineers.
- Create and approve testing protocols to verify and validate the system
- Participate in design and phase reviews as well as audits, including assisting with mechanical designs and design history file documentation creation and approval
- Oversee manufacturing partners to complete, accurate and timely delivery of clinical product
- Approve purchase requests and other OPEX expenditures to stay within budget
- Oversee certification testing and regulatory filings as well as additional information requests from FDA
- Train sales force on new technology
- 3+ years’ experience managing mechanical, electrical, and user based software application team development efforts
- 7+ years’ experience releasing design history files for 510(k) medical devices
- 5 years as a manager of engineering teams
- 2 years experience creating design history file documentation for Mechanical, Electrical and software based systems.
- 5 years as engineer in medical device (EE, ME or SWE)
- Orthopedic or Spine medical device experience
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.