Sr. Manager, Operations - Surgeon Education
US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Location: CA - San Diego
The CPD Operations Manager works in collaboration with the Clinical Professional Development (CPD) team, and leads the operations improvement initiatives across the CPD Education organization, with special responsibility for the efficient and effective management of our physical “in house” educational courses and corporate visitation programs.
The position requires considerable autonomous decision-making and is responsible for accomplishing results through management of multiple teams. Key is to effectively manage and utilize resources, as well as develop, then implement policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Be well-versed in medical education principles and processes as well as DELTA programs and continuously train oneself in the principles, values, and processes of Faculty Development.
- Manage operations and direct staff – hiring, motivating, and measuring performance to achieve agreed goals.
- Motivate, align, and direct embedded staff from other departments to achieve the agreed goals.
- Contribute planning towards the achievement of CPD’s strategic and operational objectives.
- Plan and control change and integrate activities within the operations team and across the CPD team in general.
- Design and implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), guidelines and policies across CPD San Diego ops.
- Create and manage quality assurance programs and continually upgrade processes.
- Collaborate with finance to set and review budgets and proactively manage costs (implement an ABC approach).
- Oversee inventory, the distribution of goods and facility layout.
- Design personalized, unobtrusive personnel metrics and continually track Key Performance Indicators.
- Research new technologies and alternative methods to continuously improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Analyze error rates, then design and implement turnaround strategies and contingency plans.
- Communicate Operational Excellence and Best Practices across the CPD global organization.
- Review clinical applicability of Insight Corporate Visitations – support contact of surgeons to validate objectives.
- Engage surgeons and sales teams during InSight Corporate Visitations – ensure the collection of assessments.
- Examine financial data/statements and use them to improve profitability.
- Attend and contribute to monthly CPD leadership planning meetings.
- Comply with CPD SOPs, legal regulations (compliance) and quality standards.
- Follow CPD guidelines, deploying standardized CPD tools and polices.
- 8+ years related experience in the healthcare industry, working directly with physicians.
- Clinical experience, preferably within a spine medical device company.
- 3+ years in an operational management role - demonstrable analytical, planning, and organizational skills.
- Bachelor's degree in operations management or a related field.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma approaches – distinct advantage.
- Proven experience in leading multi-disciplinary teams, and knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management.
- Budget development and oversight experience – working knowledge of budgets, forecasting and metrics.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including interaction with Key Opinion Leaders and senior leadership.
- Proven management acumen ideally strong project management.
- Clear and persuasive communication, negotiation, and presentation skills and experience working in a multi-functional group and successfully navigating through levels of internal partners to complete a task.
- Ability to analyze and interpret general business periodicals, and professional journals, including ability to write comprehensive and persuasive reports as well as engaging business correspondence.
- Computer savvy with extensive use of Microsoft Office, and knowledge of Confluence and JIRA.
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
Join one of our Talent Communities
Are you interested in joining NuVasive , but don't see the job opening that 's right for you? Join one of our talent communities and your information will be added to our prospect pool to be used when future positions open up!