Sr. Manager, Tax
US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: No travel required
Location: CA - San Diego
NuVasive is an innovative medical device company focused on developing minimally disruptive surgical products and procedurally integrated solutions for the spine. The Company is the 3rd largest player in the $8.2 billion global spine market. With a focus on Speed of Innovation®, Absolute Responsiveness®, and Superior Clinical Outcomes, we are revolutionizing how spine procedures are performed on patients around the world.
- Prepare and file, along with shared staff assistance, all corporate federal and state income tax returns, extensions and quarterly estimated tax payments.
- Assist and support the worldwide quarterly and annual tax provisions and related SOX processes.
- Manage federal and state notices and examinations.
- Assist to identify and develop tax-related strategies and planning opportunities.
- Assist with monitoring of tax developments, determining potential impact, and developing implementation plans as needed.
- Coordinate with team members to assist with the annual R&D credit study.
- Maintain the income tax compliance calendar to ensure all filings are completed on a timely basis.
- Assist with evaluating all existing tax processes for continuous improvement.
- Assist with implementing special tax projects as needed
- Research and document tax positions to support conclusions on issues as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting;
- Minimum 8+ years of U.S. domestic tax compliance and tax provision experience with Big 4 public accounting firm and/or large corporations
- Strong technical knowledge of IRS Code and Regulations
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and technical accounting and reporting requirements, including ASC 740
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and complete on a timely basis
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to quickly understand and integrate business objectives with tax strategies, and effectively work cross functionally throughout the company to implement strategies.
- Excellent leadership, managerial, organizational, communication, and negotiation skills
- Highly motivated with a passion to learn and take on new responsibilities and initiatives.
- Excellent business judgment and the ability to collaborate with others to achieve solutions and results
- Experience with ERP systems
- Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment
- Has a proven record to demonstrate leadership ability and experience managing projects.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to explain complex concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Demonstrated flexibility and efficient time management to appropriately prioritize workload based upon Company needs.
- High degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Manage the activities of shared staff for Compliance-related tasks.
- Experience in certain income tax preparation and research software such as OneSource or RIA, respectively
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft business suite, specifically Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
- CPA preferred.
- Master’s Degree in Taxation a plus.
- Prior Life Sciences experience a plus.
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.