Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Location: CA - San Diego
As a Manufacturing Engineer, you’ll take an active part in early stage design and development of parameters, tooling, methods and equipment with the objective of proving process feasibility and creating test parts. Our operations focus on polymer processing using traditional subtractive in conjunction with novel manufacturing methods.
You’ll review designs/prints in both the development and production phases to assure effective use of DFM/DFA/DFI. These reviews require interaction with cross-functional teams within Development/Design Engineering, Quality Engineering, QC/metrology, Programmers and Machinists to create designs and drawings that can be manufactured efficiently with a high confidence of product meeting specifications.
- Develop processes for test part creation and proof of feasibility.
- Support transfer of process and tooling from R&D to Internal Manufacturing for process validation and clinical builds.
- Knowledge of process automation highly desirable.
- Manage execution of strategy.
- Support implementation of manufacturing changes that require qualification and/or validation of new equipment or processes.
- Perform duties in compliance with applicable FDA and international regulations as well as standards including, but not limited to, ISO 13485 and 21 CFR Part 820.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years experience
- Strong ability to read and interpret complex mechanical drawings including advanced Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) applications
- Proficiency in Pro/E / Creo is highly desirable
- Effective communication skills with strong confidence to present before groups of customers, vendors, peers, and leadership
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office with a strong ability to write procedures and reports.
· Experience leading projects on cross-functional teams
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
Join one of our Talent Communities
Are you interested in joining NuVasive , but don't see the job opening that 's right for you? Join one of our talent communities and your information will be added to our prospect pool to be used when future positions open up!