Sr Manufacturing Engineer
US, US, OH - West Carrollton
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Location: OH - West Carrollton
As a Senior Manufacturing Process Engineer at NuVasive Manufacturing, each day will offer new challenges as you tackle a variety of responsibilities, including:
- Take ownership of project success for new and existing families of production.
- Coordinate cross-functional teams to execute and document the manufacturing launch of new/legacy products.
- Determine manufacturing processes required to accurately and efficiently make spinal implants, from raw material to final cleaning and shipment.
- Interface with Quality Engineering to determine critical manufacturing process and control characteristics.
- Develop and complete manufacturing documentation (pFMEA, control plan, process flow, work instructions, and inspection plans).
- Perform research, design, and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods, and production equipment.
- Execute the Engineering Change Process for process updates and improvements.
- Perform product/process analysis and troubleshooting for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
- Design, develop, test, source, and cost-justify various tools, machinery, and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
- Coordinate and manage the estimating/quoting process.
- Lead design for manufacturability analysis with CNC Programmers and Quality Engineers, and provide input to Development (Design) Engineers.
- Support process validation by working with validation engineers to clarify methods, inputs, and outputs of processes or equipment.
- Implement, maintain, analyze and react to various production data logs.
- Participate in NCMR Process in containment, root cause analysis, and implementation of permanent corrective actions.
- Effectively communicate information, both formally and informally, such as data, methods, findings, and remediation recommendations at all levels within the organization and with key contacts.
- Effectively teach, train, and mentor others across all functions.
- Ability to effectively influence others, develop consensus, and create support throughout the organization.
- Apply active listening skills during all interactions.
- Lean Six Sigma Practitioner.
- Proven ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS); ideally in a technical engineering discipline.
- 5-10 years experience
- Proficient with Microsoft office.
- Proven ability and fluency in Print Reading and GD&T, Statistical Process Control, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma
- Experience in 21 CFR 820 and/or ISO 13485 regulated environment
- Experience in a CNC manufacturing environment is preferred.
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.