US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Location: CA - San Diego
Our Lead Medical Librarian is key in providing information management services, specializing in biomedical published information, to NuVasive, a service provider of intraoperative neuromonitoring and manufacturer of spinal and specialized orthopaedic devices. The Lead Medical Librarian will use search skills and tools to provide information to R&D, marketing, regulatory, and healthcare provider initiatives. The Lead Medical Librarian will also develop and manage biomedical information access solutions as well as internal literature-related archiving systems.
· Provides literature search and bibliographic services to the organization in support of R&D, marketing, post-market research, and regulatory initiatives.
· Supports all scientific and research output (manuscripts, white papers, scientific presentations, summaries, literature reviews) with literature searches and bibliographic input.
· Supports the creation of Clinical Evaluation Reports (CER) in compliance with EU MDR.
· Works as a partner to medical writers, biostatisticians, and clinical scientists, providing timely and relevant support.
· Assesses and implements literature access solutions and protocols for the organization and the scientific teams.
· Creates and maintains literature and information archiving and access solutions for the organization.
· Able to provide clear, accurate, and creatively produced written work for a variety of audiences.
· Demonstrate product and procedure knowledge to support research-related questions
· Independently provide internal/external training as necessary.
· Assist research and other project team members in additional responsibilities as required.