Sr. Prototype Machinist - 5 Axis
US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: High School/Equivalent
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Location: CA - San Diego
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Prototype Machinist at our San Diego facility. NuVasive is an innovative global medical device company that is changing spine surgery with minimally disruptive surgical products and procedurally-integrated solutions for the spine. We are looking for a dedicated multi axis mill machinist that is proficient in full 5 axis programming using Mastercam software.
You would be working in our very well-kept and climate controlled 5000 sq. ft. prototype machine shop located in Sorrento Valley. In our shop you'd be programming mostly one-off parts from basic designs to complex assemblies with some small production runs. Join our team if you're up to a challenging career with room for advancement in the medical device industry and want to be part of an exciting group that takes on new challenges every day so that people suffering from back pain can live a higher quality of life.
NuVasive offers competitive pay with an extensive benefit program that includes medical, dental, matched 401K, employee stock purchase program and more for the right candidate.
- Program and operate Haas 3,4, and 5 axis machining centers
- Perform complex set-ups and fabrication of prototype machined parts independently
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, and provide feedback regarding manufacturability to design engineers
- High proficiency in general machine shop practices including selection and use of cutting tools and holders, selection and creation of fixtures, feeds and speeds, machine maintenance, etc.
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with programming and operating CNC machines
- Hands-on experience with Mastercam 2017 CAM software to produce programs for multi axis Haas mills
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Program engineer solid models using Mastercam 2017
- Programming and operating Haas 3, 4, and 5 axis milling machines
- Train other programmers
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.