Sr. Validation Engineer, Manufacturing
US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Location: CA - San Diego
The Senior Validation Engineer will lead efforts to validate products and processes in support of the new Medical Device Regulation (MDR) for CE marked medical devices. Work will be focused on legacy product lines, but will also participate in the New Product Development (NPD) process by providing support and guidance to NPD teams for process validations required during the NPD process. These validations may be conducted at NuVasive’s internal manufacturing facility in Ohio, at any of our Contract Manufacturer facilities, or in NuVasive’s test labs in San Diego. Responsibilities will include authoring and approving validation protocols and reports, creating statistical rationale for sample sizes and analysis of test data via statistical methods. The role may also include assisting in the management of the Validation Master Plan for the Global Prototyping and Manufacturing Engineering Team.
- Author and execute protocols and reports for IQs, OQs, PQs and PPQs. Validations will include legacy, new and changed products, processes, systems and equipment.
- Conduct gap analyses and remediation on Design History Files to ensure compliance with external regulations and internal procedures.
- Analyze validation test data to determine whether systems or processes have met validation criteria or to identify root causes of manufacturing problems.
- Lead periodic performance/data review of critical equipment and processes.
- Lead cleaning validation and annual monitoring projects.
- Conduct audits of validation and performance qualification processes to ensure compliance with internal and regulatory requirements.
- Conduct Quality planning to establish and implement timely validation plans, risk analysis, control plans, and inspection plans for in-process and final inspection.
Manage CAPA and Process improvement projects driving root cause investigation and corrective action implementation.
Train, guide, influence and mentor other Engineers in Validations and Root Cause Analyses
Support of process development, process monitoring and production transfer activities.
Perform duties in compliance with applicable FDA and state regulations as well as standards including, but not limited to, ISO 13485, 21 CFR 820, and the European Medical Device Regulation.
Duties to be performed in compliance with applicable regulations and standards including FDA Quality System Regulation 21 CFR Part 820, ISO 13485, and the European Medical Device Regulation.
- 8+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or graduate degree with equivalent years of experience
- Familiarity with processes in a CNC Manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings, including GD&T, is strongly preferred.
- DOE and Applied statistical knowledge and experience is preferred
- American Society for Quality Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) desirable
- Proficiency in Minitab
- DOE experience
- Six Sigma Black Belt
When applying to this role you will be completing a 15 – 20 minute assessment. Please make sure you have time to complete this assessment before initiating your application.
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.About NuVasiveNuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally disruptive, procedurally integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes. The Company's portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With over $1 billion in revenues, NuVasive has an approximate 2,400 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals, and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.