US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Location: CA - San Diego
Our Systems Engineer is responsible for the specifications, design and development of or computer based electronic equipment used in the OR for spinal and other surgical applications. The right candidate will be able to perform system and electronic hardware development work involving systems engineering, signal processing, simple control systems, human factors, failure and vulnerability analysis, requirements engineering, technical writing and basic estimating and schedule planning. This position provides an opportunity to play a highly visible role featuring end-to-end responsibility from defining functional requirements with stakeholders through development and finally system integration and test. This position will require developing team relationships with marketing, regulatory, compliance and manufacturing departments as well as vendors and surgeon customers.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related technical degree is required.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and be comfortable working in a collaborative environment with internal and external stakeholders.
- Results-oriented, demonstrate initiative and ownership in their areas of responsibility, manage their work to meet cost, schedule, and quality requirements, maintain attention to detail, and be capable of working through ambiguity in work assignments when necessary.
- 5+ years experience in design and development experience of electronic and computer based systems.
- 3+ years medical device development experience.
- Systems engineering, computer-based and embedded processing systems experience.
- Experience with biomedical engineering.
- Experience in requirements development and management, electrical hardware validation, system integration, and testing.
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.