US, US, TN - Memphis
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: No travel required
Location: TN - Memphis
The Global Freight Manager is responsible for the development, coordination, and maintenance of all transportation related activities within the entire supply chain. The position serves as a liaison between multiple facets of the company (distribution, supply chain, purchasing) and our carrier partner network. This position will be cross functionally integrated within the company’s global distribution network.
- Develops policies, programs, and procedures for efficient operation of transportation system.
- Achieve freight savings through internal business process management and/or contract negotiations
- Develop and maintain relationships and service agreements with global freight provider network – Contract negotiation experience a plus.
- Coordinate with manufacturing, distribution, sales, and supply chain to determine the most efficient and cost effective transportation and delivery methods
- Work with packaging engineering to deliver solutions for optimizing freight
- Perform detailed analysis of all transportation related spend to include root cause and permanent corrective actions
- Develop and implement standard routing guidelines and requirements for suppliers to include penalties and tracking method for recovery (Vendor Compliance Manuel)
· Global freight experience to include importing/exporting and inter-country movements in USA and abroad.
· Required to have good knowledge of small parcel, LTL, and courier modes of transportation.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4 year college or university
- Minimum 4 to 7 years related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Distribution and/or Transportation Management experience a must.
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.