Summary: The Field Services Representative position is part of the Field Based Logistics Team. The position is a courier/driver position making deliveries and pick up of medical equipment used during spine surgery. The position coordinates closely with the Operations Team, Development Team, Marketing Team and Customers. The principal responsibility of the Field Technician position is to travel to hospitals and deliver basic medical trays and/or pick up trays. Detailed documentation of servicing activities and inventory transactions is imperative.
- Completes specialized tasks that frequently require the exchange of detailed technical or sensitive information.
- Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative.
- Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
- Applies expertise as a specialist.
- Uses judgement to identify when deviation from standard practice is required.
- Read maps and route configuration.
- Load, unload, or stack containers, materials, or products.
- Maintain record, reports and files.
- Implement, maintain and support Quality initiatives.
- Works independently guided by short-term objectives; work requires evaluation and discretion within defined standards.
- Communicate with customers and hospital personnel professionally.
- Communicate with management on a daily basis with regards to operational issues and/or improvements.
- Applicant must have the ability to perform all above responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Requires a high school diploma and a minimum of 4 - 6 years of related experience.
- Preferred Qualifications: Medical device logistics experience with knowledge on local roadways.
- Valid Driver's license with good driving record.
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles and methods for moving medical products
- Must have the ability to lift, push, pull and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work independently (past experience preferred).
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn.
- Ability to keep up with fast pace environment.
- Independent learner.
- Adept at interacting with customers and hospital staff.
Computer Skills: Strong computer literacy. Experience with Windows OS (7, 8 & 10). Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.).
- Experience within the medical device logistics field and or the hospital environment.