Transportation Specialist - Chicago
US, US, Field
Minimum Level of Education Required: High School/Equivalent
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Field State: Chicago, IL
The Field Technician position is part of the Field Based Logistics Team. This position is a courier/driver position making deliveries and pick up of medical equipment used during spine surgery. The position coordinates closely with the Operations Team, Development Team, Marketing Team and Customers. The principal responsibility of the Field Technician position is to travel to hospitals and deliver basic medical trays and/or pick up trays. Detailed documentation of servicing activities and inventory transactions is imperative.
- Completes specialized tasks that frequently require the exchange of detailed technical or sensitive information.
- Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative.
- Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
- Applies expertise as a specialist.
- Uses judgement to identify when deviation from standard practice is required.
- Read maps and route configuration.
- Load, unload, or stack containers, material and products.
- Maintain records, reports, or files.
- Implement, maintain and support Quality initiatives.
- Works independently guided by short-term objectives; work requires evaluation and discretion within defined standards.
- Communicate with customers and hospital personnel professionally.
- Communicate with management on a daily basis with regards to operational issues and/or improvements.
- Applicant must have the ability to perform all above responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Requires a high school diploma and a minimum of 2 - 3 years of related experience.
- Preferred Qualifications: Medical device logistics experience with knowledge on local roadways.
- Valid Driver's License with good driving record.
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles and methods for moving medical products.
- Must have the ability to lift, push, pull and carry up to 50lbs.
- Able to work independently (past experience preferred).
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn.
- Ability to keep up with fast pace environment.
- Independent learner.
- Adept at interacting with customers and hospital staff.
Typically requires a high school diploma and a minimum of 2 - 3 years of related experience.
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.About NuVasiveNuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally disruptive, procedurally integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes. The Company's portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With over $1 billion in revenues, NuVasive has an approximate 2,400 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals, and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.