Associate Material Handler - Distribution 1st Shift (Memphis, TN)
US, US, TN - Memphis
Minimum Level of Education Required: No Degree/Diploma Required
Percentage of Travel: No travel required
Location: TN - Memphis
Job Summary and Primary Responsibilities
Ready to be part of our mission?
We're a global leader in spine technology innovation, with a mission to transform surgery, advance care, and change lives. Starting a career with Nuvasive comes with many rewards like; career development and training, competitive pay for performance, annual bonus, ample time off, retirement perks, full medical, dental and vision, life insurance, and wellness opportunities. Additionally, we strive to build a culture of high performance and meaning in our work by bringing innovative products and solutions to patients and surgeons around the world, creating a sense of pride across all facets of the organization.
- When hired into a full time role, you will receive highly competitive total rewards packages that include:
- Market wages with annual performance increases + bonus incentives
- Full medical, dental, vision, great retirement benefits
- Ample overtime pay (when eligible)
- Career stability and development into technical or leadership positions
- Be part of a rapid growth company in a highly sought after medical device industry that’s known for innovative products that positively impact patient outcomes on a global scale
About the Role:
The Distribution Coordinator initiates, maintains, and compiles records associated with ordering, receiving, storing, issuing, and shipping materials, supplies, and equipment by performing the following duties.
- Compares nomenclature, stock numbers, and other listed information on packing slips to verify accuracy of purchase orders and shipping orders.
- Compiles data from sources such as contracts, purchase orders, invoices, requisitions, and accounting reports and writes, types, or enters information into computer to maintain inventory, purchasing, shipping, and other records.
- Verifies inventory computations against physical count of stock and adjusts errors and reports documenting reasons for discrepancies with proposed corrective action.
- Compiles and maintains manual or computerized records such as material inventory, in process production reports, and status of material locations.
- Compiles information on receipt of disbursement of material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies, and computes inventory balance, price, and cost.
- Prepares reports such as inventory balance, price and shortages taking necessary actions to reconcile discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Prepare all necessary shipping documentation and ensure that shipments are tracked to the destination.
- Package materials and equipment ensuring that shipping documentation is accurate and materials are protected adequately for shipment.
- Determine most efficient and economical routing and mode of transportation.
- Initiate investigations into causes of misdirected shipments, damage or shortages in shipments or overcharges in freight cost
- Assist in the development of processes and procedures for inventory, receiving, shipping, and administrative responsibilities resulting in cost and efficiency improvements.
- Perform duties in compliance with applicable FDA and state regulations as well as standards including, but not limited to, ISO 13485.
Required Skills / Capabilities
- Proficient and accurate with word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), charting, flowcharting, and graphs
- Competency in navigating the Internet
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstracts and/or concrete variables
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 1+ year(s) related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Travel and/or Physical Requirements
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shocks, explosives, risk of radiation, and vibration.
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here. NuVasive's EEO policy is available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally disruptive, procedurally integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes. The Company's portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With more than $1 billion in revenues, NuVasive has approximately 2,600 employees and operates in more than 50 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.