Clinical Associate (Italy)
EMEA, Italy, Italy
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 75%
- Support clinical fulfillment of NuVasive procedures in the territory while driving the development of relationships with key spine surgeon and hospital customers.
- Acquire clinical competency skills with all NuVasive products to meet and exceed the standards for the role of Clinical Associate in an elite sales force.
- Surgical case coverage is required, with the goal of providing the highest degree of value to surgeon and patient.
- Ordering of all required sets, instruments and supplies.
- Compliance with individual hospital regulations and requirements upon which introduction of products will depend.
- Required paperwork for processing P.O.s, etc.
- Interact with surgeons and surgical team to communicate monitoring data in accordance with the Company’s and/or Hospital’s policies and procedures.
- Pre-operative consultation with surgeon regarding structures at risk and modalities to be monitored.
- Maintain equipment in proper working order and conduct semi-annual maintenance checks.
- Identify appropriate protocol and perform troubleshooting techniques to assure accurate data collection.
- Deliver services properly and according to Company procedures/standards.
- Able to provide competent case coverage to other territories if and when needed.
- Adhere to T&E budget as provided by the company.
- Provide regular monthly and timely reporting on a variety of topics including expense reports, case feedback, sales performance/penetration, market feedback, competitive activities, new target accounts, ideas regarding sales growth and new product development opportunities.
- Provide formal communication of customer needs to the sales team for the purpose of improving existing product and developing new products.
- Provide check/balance for field travel time and expenditures, in order to serve surgeons and hospitals that offer the best sales potential.
- Acquire clinical competency skills with all NuVasive products and its correct usage, including Lateral Access Spine procedures, to perform surgical cases coverage with the goal of providing the highest degree of value to Surgeons or hospital staff and patients.
- Accelerate market penetration for all NuVasive products in given territory as well as opening new territories.
- Develop good rapport and establish trusting relationships with key spine surgeon customers.
- Constantly work towards achieving and exceeding sales quota.
- Provide technical expertise to the surgeon and staff on NuVasive products in the Spine procedures.
- Keeping abreast of products development, clinical data and surgical techniques.
- Able to evaluate problems and find appropriate solutions to support surgeries and cases.
- Provide weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting deliverables within assigned timeframe.
- Ability to do pre/post image review and assessment of surgical cases.
- Execute sales/technical support responsibilities to customers in the respective territories assigned.
- Travel to sites to provide targeted field training and technical/clinical support as needed.
- Continuously be vigilant that Sales are in compliance with Ethical Business regulations such as ISO (International Organization for Standardization Standard.
- Strong technical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel as necessary, which may include overnights and/or weekend.
- Experience in the operating room environment
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally disruptive, procedurally integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes. The Company's portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With more than $1 billion in revenues, NuVasive has approximately 2,600 employees and operates in more than 50 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.