Distribution Coordinator (Queensland, AUS)
APAC, Australia, Australia
Minimum Level of Education Required: High School/Equivalent
Percentage of Travel: Up to 50%
You will be reporting to the AUS Distribution Manager, responsible for the packing and distribution of loan sets to and from hospitals in conjunction with the Sales team, Customer Service and hospital staff. Within the Operations framework, you will be responsible for maintaining the required inventory levels, coordinating with head office for replenishment as conducting inventory audits and quality checks.
It is a strongly customer driven role – maintaining key relationships with the Sales team and at hospitals across AUS is a key facet. It will involve on call and regularly lifting and moving the instrument and implant trays which can weigh up to 18 kg. A car licence is essential.
A medical background is not required. But you will need a technical aptitude, a passion for learning and customer service, an eye for detail and a commitment to being part of a team and process that achieves successful patient outcomes. Previous experience in an operations, logistics or distribution role with ERP experience would be ideal. Having worked in a hospital or Instrument Set management would also be a very strong option.
- Manage the distribution of loan sets to and from hospitals. Ensuring loan sets are correct and complete for the required surgery as well as timely retrieval of loan sets from hospitals
- Pick, pack and customize instrument and implant sets according to the procedure requirements and surgeon preferences
- Schedule and plan for loan set movements in conjunction with customer service and hospital CSSD staff
- Responsible for maintaining the required inventory levels for the territory. Being aware of shortages and coordinating with head office on requirements
- Conduct set audits and quality checks on loan sets as per established criteria and protocols
- Maintain key relationships and attend, as necessary CSSD visits across the state
- Conduct regular cycle counts and Inventory Audits to ensure inventory accuracy
- Maintain solid working relationships with Sales and Operations team members
- Work closely with your manager to coordinate all relevant operational training, product knowledge sessions and internal processes improvements in distribution
- Maintain the NuVasive culture - positive and fast-paced, with a focus on providing exceptional sales support and customer care
- Gain a thorough knowledge and understanding of all major NuVasive product areas
- Articulate and work in congruence with the NuVasive corporate culture and related philosophies
- Other duties as requested
This role will be based in Queensland
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.