Event Planner, Clinical Professional Development
US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Location: CA - San Diego
Our Clinical Professional Development (CPD) team develops and manages NuVasive’s new surgeon education, training and professional development programs. Delivering behavior-changing education is the foundation to building lifelong engagement and relationships, which is critical to the future viability of NuVasive.
Our Event Planner is San Diego based, and is responsible for planning, executing, and collecting performance measures for our CPD Education and the INSIGHT™ corporate visitation events in the USA to ensure all “stakeholders” enjoy a VIP experience.
You will work closely with CPD Program Management and CPD US Regional teams, as well as our US Commercial, Surgeon Engagement and Marketing teams to professionally plan and execute different types of educational and visitation events. You'll manage all CPD 3rrd party logistics suppliers, utilizing all our technology platforms and checklists, while continually improving our processes to ensure the efficient and effective performance of all CPD managed meetings in San Diego or at remote sites.
Essential Duties &Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with CPD Program, US Regional Managers, and Sales teams to coordinate agendas for various course events and visitations, and ensure timely publication and distribution of course agendas and logistics plans to all meeting stakeholders.
- Organize and manage CPD Education’s logistics suppliers to ensure a seamless, high quality event experience.
- Publish and promote course agendas on our CPD Learning Management System.
- Photograph CPD Faculty and participants for relevant repositories.
- Collect and index all faculty cases by faculty and syllabi competency and track event metrics and Key Performance Indicators.
- Manage the budget for the operational implementation of the managed events.
- Conduct market research to define the value and satisfaction of stakeholders passing through events.
- Provide timely, enthusiastic, and professional “concierge” services of surgeons during their visits.
- Liaise with relevant sales teams to ensure correct event requesting, planning, and briefings.
- Comply with CPD SOPs, legal regulations and quality standards, as well as use standardized CPD IT tools and processes e.g., Confluence, JIRA and standard Checklists.
- 3 years' experience with event management
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, ideally in a Life Science.
- Proven management acumen and project management skills.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office as well as project management Gantt charts or equivalent
- Experience with events in the healthcare industry, directly working with physicians.
- Ability to work to a flexible schedule, with an anticipated time requirement of 10-15% for travel.
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.