Finance Manager (Italy)
EMEA, Italy, Italy
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Responsible for all day-to-day activities of the local accounting and finance function and manage all reporting and planning activities therein. In this highly visible position, the finance manager will be challenged to interface regularly with senior management and operations. This position reports to the EU Finance Leader and is a key member of the business leadership team
- Finance business partner to the local commercial leader.
- Work cross-functionally with HR, IT, Legal, Finance, RA-QA and other corporate finance functions to plan budgets and drive initiatives that improve company’s profitability.
- Lead and direct efforts of financial analysts on the team and broader FP&A team
- Serve as finance lead and drive business cases and ROI analysis on investment projects and other business initiatives
- Model budgets and forecasts for the business P&L
- Monthly Accounting, Close & Reporting
- Preparation of Statutory Financial Statements
- Guide finance analyst on Month-end accruals and journal entries
- Support the submission of the local and parent company Italian tax filings (VAT, Income Tax, payroll, etc)
- Analyzing monthly budget performance (budget vs. actual and associated variances), KPI metrics, capital expenditures and drive insights on variance and how to improve performance
- Profitability initiatives - Collaborate with HR, IT, Legal, Finance, RA-QA and other finance functions to identify profitability initiatives, provide financial analysis and drive progress towards bottom-line results.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 8 – 10 years of relevant experience
- Ability to work with management at all levels and lead major projects and initiatives
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively across the organization
- Italian and English required, Spanish a plus.
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of ERP environments – SAP B1 a plus
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally disruptive, procedurally integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes. The Company's portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With more than $1 billion in revenues, NuVasive has approximately 2,600 employees and operates in more than 50 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.