Financial Analyst, US Commercial
US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: No travel required
Location: CA - San Diego
Nuvasive Finance is seeking a motivated, self-starting, dynamic individual to be an integral part of supporting our US Commercial business. This finance resource will be responsible for performing all the month close activities, generating financial reporting including monthly management P&Ls, KPI data for business reviews for the commercial organization and supporting data generation for all business support and ad hoc analysis.
General Accounting and Monthly Close
- Close collaboration with the corporate accounting and FP&A group to manage and lead the month end close process for US Commercial Finance team
- Responsible for all month end accruals and journal entries – e.g. bonus and commission accruals, headcount analysis, revenue loads, discretionary spend review and reclasses
- Responsible for revenue analysis, spend variance analysis, price volume mix analysis
Financial and management reporting
- Responsible for creating month end close reports, sales force KPIs, monthly management P&Ls for the US commercial business, content for the commercial business reviews, Executive committee business reviews, tracking towards 5 year plans and data support during quarterly reporting of company financials
- Responsible for data and report generation during quarterly planning cycles and budget summit
- Provide support for ad hoc data analytics – distributor business models, investment business cases, salesforce hiring.
Process and data analysis:
- Key member of the finance team with excellent understanding of financial processes and very strong working knowledge of systems and data warehouse
- Highly organized to complete multiple deliverables on required timeline and attention to data accuracy
- Continue to develop insights into data trends and business to enhance actionable and accurate information for decision support
- Own and drive process optimization
- Partner closely with US commercial finance team, sales operations and corporate support functions
- Support other members of the US commercial finance team to ensure overall success of the commercial organization
- 2+ years of general accounting or finance experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively across the organization
- Excellent command of systems - Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, SAP, Cognos, Planning systems
- Commercial finance experience not required but a plus
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally disruptive, procedurally integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes. The Company's portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With more than $1 billion in revenues, NuVasive has approximately 2,600 employees and operates in more than 50 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.