Lead Indirect Procurement Specialist
US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Location: CA - San Diego
The Lead Indirect Procurement Specialist will analyze spend data to identify cost savings opportunities. This person will use spend history and other supporting data to develop business cases and make recommendations to internal stakeholders. The person in this role should be able to influence upward to gain support for cost savings initiatives. In addition to administering complex RFP’s, this Specialist will ensure proper supplier selection and negotiate the purchase of goods and services for the lowest total cost, highest quality and superior performance.
This individual contributor must be a strategic thinker, and be capable of managing complex tasks independently while working with and supporting many stakeholders. The role will utilize sourcing processes and tools to rationalize supply base, negotiate commercial terms and conditions, secure signed contracts, manage key supplier relationships, and ensure continuity of services and/or supply.
- Identify opportunities to improve the indirect supply base through consolidation, change of supplier, outsourcing, and supplier innovation
- Must understand the strategic sourcing process and Request for Quote/Proposal and SOW development, as well as cost savings analysis and supplier relationship management
- Manage RFP and negotiation process for the statement of work (SOWs) and work closely with legal to ensure all contracts are reviewed by legal and executed in accordance with finance policies
- Facilitate supplier business reviews; grow and manage strategic supplier relationships
- Partner with internal customers to ensure procurement strategies are aligned with NuVasive objectives
- Drive and deliver year-over-year hard savings
- Achieve productivity and efficiencies through supplier consolidations
- Develop, negotiate and execute contracts/agreements with suppliers that minimize TCO, improve quality, minimize supply risk and assure on-time delivery.
- Act as backup to Sr. Indirect Buyer, assuring PO’s are issued timely during vacations and other absences
- 5+ years of indirect sourcing experience; or a combination of indirect purchasing and commodity management
- Bachelor's degree
- Project management experience
- SAP experience
- Strong analytical ability and high competence with Excel and other MS Office tools
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience sourcing freight, MRO, and capital equipment preferred
- Ability to influence others and to lead cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of purchasing agreements and strong knowledge of Terms & Conditions.
- Experience negotiating with suppliers to drive best total cost.
- Flexible self-starter with the ability to identify opportunities to improve processes
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.About NuVasiveNuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally disruptive, procedurally integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes. The Company's portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With over $1 billion in revenues, NuVasive has an approximate 2,400 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals, and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.