Lead Talent Management Specialist
US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: Masters Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Location: CA - San Diego
Our Lead Talent Management Specialist at NuVasive is an opportunity to work for a medical device company on the forefront of technology in the Spine and Orthopedic surgery space. Your efforts will help improve employee selection processes, grow manager effectiveness, and drive engagement in the organization - all serving the broader purpose of helping NuVasive achieve our mission of Transforming Spine Surgery and Beyond.
As a key member of our Talent Management team, you will collaborate closely with team members focusing on development and scaling initiatives for the organization, the design and execution of engagement practices, and provide thought leadership by identifying, championing and implementing internal and external best practices. In addition, you will have opportunities to partner closely with other business and HR leaders on other initiatives (e.g., turnover analysis, organizational design initiatives, etc.) that help improve the effectiveness of the broader HR Team in supporting the goals of the organization.
- Partners with other Talent Management team members and HR Business Partners to support the design and delivery of leadership development programs, organizational development initiatives, talent development, and career development programs, and team facilitation.
- Designs and implements talent management programs to build our talent pipeline, including high potential development programs, succession planning and management processes, performance management process, global employee surveys, and talent development tools.
- Determine analytic needs and develop a process for tracking and monitoring recruitment data automatically and in real-time. Implement high-quality reporting capabilities which will allow NuVasive to analyze turnover and past performance, engagement, monitor ongoing efforts, and plan for the future.
- Develop, define and manage development programs.
- Manage Succession Planning and Management processes with a focus on High Potential Talent.
- Lead efforts on Performance Engagement programs and processes globally.
- Lead the global employee engagement programs, including developing strategies for implementation, communication and evaluation; advise on aligning action plans to results and business needs.
- Lead the creation of robust, effective tools for Talent Development Review process.
- Provide support for Diversity and Inclusion Program and Sustainability Program.
- Coach/mentor peers and others in area of expertise.
- Partner with senior leadership to develop competencies and ensure alignment to the organizational strategy and culture; integrate into our Talent Management processes.
- Maintain competency libraries for key roles and functions
- Experience in conducting job analysis (e.g.: Hosting focus groups and interviews, designing, building and launching surveys, reviewing written documents and work samples, etc.).
- Experience using statistical software to analyze and draw conclusions from data to support selection activities.
- Experience with development and/or usage of psychological assessments, and general knowledge of various selection approaches.
- Advanced expertise and experience with one or more critical selection strategy areas (e.g., legal compliance, labor relations, HRIS, high volume recruiting).
- Strong Business acumen with broad understanding of business operations.
- Strong communicator with the ability to convey abstract ideas and concepts in a clear and compelling way.
- Advanced proficiency with SPSS and Microsoft Office Suite applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to build alliances with and influence stakeholders and senior executives.
- Persistence in driving ideas and delivering quality solutions and deliverables against aggressive deadlines.
- Experience and proven success in managing vendors and negotiating contracts.
- Experience creating and/or delivering executive presentations on relevant topics.
- MS/PhD degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology or related field with 3+ years of relevant experience.
- 3+ years of consulting experience in selection strategy, organizational effectiveness or related areas.
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally disruptive, procedurally integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes. The Company's portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With more than $1 billion in revenues, NuVasive has approximately 2,600 employees and operates in more than 50 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.