Legal Counsel, NL
EMEA, Netherlands, Netherlands
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Principal responsibility for international commercial contracting work, including negotiating and drafting distribution, agency, employment, supply, lease, consulting, vendor and other agreements.
- Work closely with various business units to assist with geographic expansion initiatives
- Assist in global subsidiary contract management and maintenance
- Provide legal support and business-oriented legal advice to various business units including tax, accounting, finance and operations, HR to implement a broad variety of international corporate projects
- Assist in subsidiary capitalizations, intercompany lending and other agreements, share transfers, powers of attorney, subsidiary mergers, and liquidations
- Provide commercially-focused legal advice on Healthcare Tenders, Data Privacy and other international regulations, and compliance and corporate governance matters
- Participate in other general corporate matters and liaise with external lawyers
- Assist in protecting the legal interests of NuVasive and its subsidiaries in judicial or other proceedings utilizing external counsel
- Must be legally qualified to practice law and in good standing in at least one jurisdiction in the European Union and possess excellent academic credentials
- Experience in an international corporate law firm setting or in-house public company experience (minimum 3 - 5 years), preferably with a focus on international transactions
- Proficient and accurate with word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), presentation programs (PowerPoint), charting, and graphs
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Fluency in Dutch and experience in the healthcare industry is a significant plus
- Be a well-organized individual who works well with a cohesive team and effectively communicates regarding the status and developments of the tasks assigned
- Effectively prioritize work by understanding competing priorities and make appropriate judgments regarding relative importance and delegate where necessary
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, company policy and procedure manuals. Ability to write business reports and correspondence
- Speak effectively before groups of customers, employees, and management.
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally disruptive, procedurally integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes. The Company's portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With more than $1 billion in revenues, NuVasive has approximately 2,600 employees and operates in more than 50 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.