Loaner Processing Technician - Surgical Device Sets (Memphis, TN)
US, US, TN - Memphis
Minimum Level of Education Required: High School/Equivalent
Percentage of Travel: No travel required
Location: TN - Memphis
Job Summary and Primary Responsibilities
Ready to be part of our mission?
We're a global leader in spine technology innovation, with a mission to transform surgery, advance care, and change lives. Starting a career with Nuvasive comes with many rewards like; career development and training, competitive pay for performance, annual bonus, ample time off, retirement perks, full medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and wellness opportunities. Additionally, we strive to build a culture of high performance and meaning in our work by bringing innovative products and solutions to patients and surgeons around the world, creating a sense of pride across all facets of the organization.
About the Role:
Performs the physical or administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing, distributing and order fulfillment of merchandise, products, materials, parts, supplies and equipment. Checks goods received and for distribution against purchase orders or invoices, maintains records of goods and rejects unsatisfactory items. Packages and prepares products and merchandise for final shipment and posts weights and shipping charges. Lifts heavy items and may operate a forklift. Prepares and maintains records of merchandise shipped. Reviews customer orders, examines, stocks and distributes merchandise, products and materials in inventory warehouses, distribution centers or manufacturing lines. Initiates, maintains, and compiles records associated with ordering, receiving, storing, issuing, and shipping materials, supplies, and equipment by performing the following duties:
- Compares nomenclature, stock numbers, and other listed information on packing slips to verify accuracy of purchase orders and shipping orders
- Compiles data from sources such as contracts, purchase orders, invoices, requisitions, and accounting reports and writes, types, or enters information into computer to maintain inventory, purchasing, shipping, and other records
- Verifies inventory computations against physical count of stock and adjusts errors and reports documenting reasons for discrepancies with proposed corrective action
- Maintains manual or computerized records such as material inventory, in process production reports, and status of material locations
- Prepares all necessary shipping documentation and ensure that shipments are tracked to destination
- Packages materials and equipment ensuring that shipping documentation is accurate and materials are protected adequately for shipment
- Participates in investigations to determined root cause of misdirected shipments, damage or shortages in shipments or overcharges in freight cost
- Assists in the development of processes and procedures for inventory, receiving, shipping, and administrative responsibilities resulting in cost and efficiency improvements
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Skills / Capabilities
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus
Education and Experience
- Typically requires less than 1 year of related experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
Travel and/or Physical Requirements
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here. NuVasive's EEO policy is available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally disruptive, procedurally integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes. The Company's portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With more than $1 billion in revenues, NuVasive has approximately 2,600 employees and operates in more than 50 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.