US, US, OH - West Carrollton
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: No travel required
Location: OH - West Carrollton
- Take ownership of Porous PEEK project success for new and existing families of production.
- Coordinate cross-functional teams to execute and document the manufacturing launch of new/legacy products.
- Support the development and optimization of manufacturing processes required to accurately and efficiently make spinal implants, from raw material to final cleaning and shipment.
- Interface with Quality Engineering to determine critical manufacturing process and control characteristics.
- Develop and complete manufacturing documentation (pFMEA, control plan, process flow, work instructions, and inspection plans).
- Drive machine/equipment efficiency thru cycle time reduction, waste elimination, tooling improvements, and changeover reductions.
- Execute the Engineering Change Process for process updates and improvements.
- Proven ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and implement effective solutions.
- Perform product/process analysis and troubleshooting for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
- Design, develop, test, source, and cost-justify various tools, machinery, and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
- Coordinate and manage the estimating/quoting process.
- Support design for manufacturability analysis with CNC Programmers and Quality Engineers, and provide input to Development (Design) Engineers.
- Support process validation by working with validation engineers to clarify methods, inputs, and outputs of processes or equipment.
- Implement, maintain, analyze and react to various production performance metrics and KPIs.
- Participate in non-conforming material review process by supporting containment and review activities, root cause analysis, driving production disposition, and implementing corrective and preventative actions.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in an engineering discipline with 3+ years of experience in a technical engineering role.
- Proficient in Microsoft suite
- Proven ability and fluency in Print Reading and GD&T, Statistical Process Control, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Siemens NX or Solidworks and Gage/fixture design
- Experience in 21 CFR 820 and/or ISO 13485 regulated environment
- Experience in a CNC machining environment is preferred.
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally disruptive, procedurally integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes. The Company's portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With more than $1 billion in revenues, NuVasive has approximately 2,600 employees and operates in more than 50 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.