Prototype Welder Fabricator
US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: High School/Equivalent
Percentage of Travel: No travel required
Location: CA - San Diego
We have an exciting opportunity for a Associate Fabricator at our San Diego facility. NuVasive is an innovative global medical device company that is changing spine surgery with minimally disruptive surgical products and procedurally-integrated solutions for the spine. We are looking for a dedicated detailed Senior Fabricator.
You would be working in our very well-kept and climate controlled 5000 sq. ft. prototype machine shop located in Sorrento Valley. In our shop you'd be welding, fitting and finishing mostly one-off parts from basic designs to complex assemblies with some small production runs. Join our team if you're up to a challenging career with room for advancement in the medical device industry and want to be part of an exciting group that takes on new challenges every day so that people suffering from back pain can live a higher quality of life.
NuVasive offers competitive pay with an extensive benefit program that includes medical, dental, matched 401K, employee stock purchase program and more for the right candidate.
- Work on complex fabrication and welding of small components
- Proficiently operate manual and conversational mills and lathes
- Proficient in assembling, blending, de-burring and troubleshooting of complex assemblies and works with engineers on manufacturability
- Strive to advance the shop through new technology and processes
- Design and build fixtures to aide in the fabrication and rework of complex instruments
- Trouble shooting and problem-solving skills
- Verify conformance of finished work-piece to specifications using various measuring tools such as: calipers, micrometers, depth micrometers
- Maintain organization and cleanliness, housekeeping and should maintain these areas at the highest degree possible and report any maintenance issues
- Stay on task and ensure current day scheduled work is completed on time
- Work with team to build and sustain safe working environment
- Follow all safety rules, report all accidents and unsafe conditions and wear all Personal Protective Equipment
- Drive quality compliance using line clearance requirements, good document practices and workmanship standards
- Confer with engineering, quality control, programming, or shareowners to resolve machining problems
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with all levels of the organization
- Help train and develop entry level machinists and fabricators
- Use de-burring tools
- High school diploma or GED
- 3+ years of experience with fine GTAW welding fabrication
- Attendance and punctuality is required
- Welding: laser welding and micro GTAW welding
- Desire to learn and be cross trained
- Preferred knowledge of gages, calipers, and micrometers
- Previous experience in medical device manufacturing a plus
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally disruptive, procedurally integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes. The Company's portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With more than $1 billion in revenues, NuVasive has approximately 2,600 employees and operates in more than 50 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.