Quality Control Inspector
US, US, TN - Memphis
Minimum Level of Education Required: High School/Equivalent
Percentage of Travel: No travel required
Location: TN - Memphis
A professional that supports the Nuvasive Quality System by ensuring that all products meet NuVasive’s exceptionally high-quality standards. The inspector will collaborate with others in the department to ensure department and organizational goals are met. All activities shall be performed in compliance with organizational and global regulatory requirements.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- The Quality Inspector is responsible for device inspection and the identification of non-conforming material
- Performs inspections and ensures that inspection results and documentation support the recommended disposition action
- Supports the initiation of Non-Conforming Material Reports and reports findings to the Quality Engineering team in support of material disposition
- The Quality Inspector will be tasked with training associate level quality inspectors on inspection technique and department procedures as well as support the prioritization of department needs in conjunction with the department lead/manager
- Support other work of the Q.C. Department, as required
- Able to demonstrate a strong understanding of device inspection techniques and applications
- Able to compile and complete documentation in accordance with Good Documentation Practices
- Also, perform duties in compliance with applicable FDA and state regulations as well as standards including, but not limited to, ISO 13485
Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma required. 3-5 years of experience in a regulated environment required (e.g., QSR, ISO 13485, and the MDD). American Society for Quality Certified Quality Inspector (CQI) desirable. Must be proficient in ASME Y14.5M and blueprint reading. Understanding of GD&T is desirable.
Computer Skills: Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Explorer.
- Medical devices experience; ASQ certification preferred
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally disruptive, procedurally integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes. The Company's portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With more than $1 billion in revenues, NuVasive has approximately 2,600 employees and operates in more than 50 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.