Quality Technician - 2nd Shift
US, US, OH - West Carrollton
Minimum Level of Education Required: High School/Equivalent
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Location: OH - West Carrollton
Performs functions associated with quality control and quality assurance operations, including working with engineers in set-up and calibration tasks and carrying out rework and quality assurance procedures related to production or operations. This role is responsible for Quality Inspection, Quality Engineering Support, and Calibration / Metrology services in support of production, including development, implementation, improvement, and maintenance of SPC functions for production and quality systems.
- Support the development of manufacturing processes, inspection, and testing plans, risk analysis, and process validation to ensure the quality of new and modified products and processes in a CNC Manufacturing Environment.
- Perform duties in compliance with applicable FDA and state regulations as well as standards including, but not limited to, ISO 13485.
- Analyzes and solves problems, prepares inspection plans and instructions, prepares procedures, analyzes quality data, and applies fundamental statistical methods for process control.
- Maintains the gauge calibration program. Ensures gauges and gauge kits are prepared and available for production and process development.
- Supports first article inspection, process validation, and test method validation.
- Supports production by providing guidance to operators on inspection methods, metrology, gauging, etc. Facilitates statistical process control for the facility including escalation of abnormal events such as out of tolerance or special causes. Participates in NCR processes and MRB processes.
- Identifies training needs of QC shareowners. Assists and/or performs training of QC shareowners to support current activities as well as future development supporting the ongoing efforts to increase the utilization of advanced inspection tools.
- Identify process improvement in Quality Control.
- CMM Operation
- High school diploma or GED. Minimum of 3 years’ experience in related function
- Candidate must be proficient in ASME Y14.5M GD&T and blueprint reading
- Computer skills: Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Explorer. Understanding of metrology inspection programs such as PC DMIS, MeasureFit, MeasureX, GeoMeasure, Gage Insite, etc.
- Language skills: Excellent written and oral communication skills, with ability to write reports and correspondence required
- Mathematical skills: Full understanding of arithmetic, geometry, and trigonometry is required
- Applies acquired job skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice
- Normally follows established procedures on routine work, requires instructions only on new assignments
Please note, you will be redirected to a 15-20 minute assessment after submitting your application. Please ensure you allow yourself enough time to complete the assessment upon submission of your application.
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally disruptive, procedurally integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes. The Company's portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With more than $1 billion in revenues, NuVasive has approximately 2,600 employees and operates in more than 50 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.