Regulatory Affairs Specialist, NL
EMEA, Netherlands, Netherlands
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
As a Regulatory Affairs Specialist at NuVasive Netherlands B.V., responsibilities will include preparation and maintenance of regulatory pre-market submissions and other pre-market filings to acquire appropriate commercial distribution clearances in Europe in an expeditious manner. Each day offers exciting new challenges as you tackle a variety of tasks including:
- Determine/document appropriate regulatory strategy for proposed new products and initiate necessary activities by working with Regulatory management as needed.
- Ability to determine and communicate submission and approval requirements to others.
- Control and maintain regulatory records.
- Represent Regulatory Affairs on various design and development teams by attending team meetings and providing the required plans, procedures and regulatory decisions.
- Confer with other departments about the regulatory requirements of new product designs and/or changes to existing designs.
- Evaluate regulatory impact of proposed product and/or process changes, and determine if a new pre-market application is required.
- Ability to lead & organize project meetings and coordination of tasks to obtain required deliverables.
- Reviews technical publications, articles, and abstracts to stay abreast of regulatory and technical developments in the industry.
- Demonstrates global regulatory expertise in product submissions and ability to evaluate changes with local regulations.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 3+ years of related experience, specifically in the medical device industry managing EU country registrations in compliance with European medical device directive and local laws.
- In depth understanding of Regulatory Affairs as it applies throughout the product lifecycle.
- Understands regulatory terminology.
- Strong knowledge of ISO 13485 and European Medical device directive/regulation (MDD/MDR).
- Understands requirements of project plans and focuses activities on meeting plan objectives.
- Must be detail oriented & highly organized.
- Must demonstrate teamwork building skills in & outside department.
- Ability to exercise judgment.
- Ability to prioritize workload with limited direction
- Experience with orthopedic industry and project development.
- Experience with electrical medical devices and associated IEC requirements.
- Proactively assembles necessary information and establishes informal working networks within the company to solve departmental challenges.
- Experience with SharePoint and SAP are desired in order to perform assigned responsibilities.
- Must be detail oriented and achieve accurate and timely results.
- Excellent English communication skills, written and spoken
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally disruptive, procedurally integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes. The Company's portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With more than $1 billion in revenues, NuVasive has approximately 2,600 employees and operates in more than 50 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.