Senior Compliance Analyst
US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Location: CA - San Diego
- Contribute to the development, maintenance, and revision of policies, standards, training, and procedures for the general operation of the Ethics & Compliance Program;
- Apply in-depth knowledge of compliance-related issues to identify potential areas of vulnerability and risk;
- Assist in the development/implementation of corrective action plans for resolution of issues;
- Manage the 3rd party due diligence process, ensuring all cases are fully resolved;
- Review, respond and manage risk escalations and high risk counterparties;
- Manage and maintain departmental databases, GRI systems and other tools utilized by the department to administer compliance program activities;
- Administer GRI Compliance training though Company LMS and track and follow-up on completion rates;
- Provide general guidance regarding compliance with Code of Conduct and applicable federal, state and international laws and regulations as well as standards including, but not limited to, ISO 13485, Anti-Kickback Statute, FCPA, False Claims Act, etc.;
- Escalate issues and provide appropriate information to CRCO regarding compliance issues and deficiencies in policy adherence;
- Develop reporting decks for Executive and Board level management;
- Participate in project planning, implementation, and post-implementation activities to support U.S. and international compliance efforts;
- Work with outside counsel and consultants as necessary to proactively position the Company to remain in alignment with current and future compliance standards and procedures; and
- Maintains current knowledge of healthcare compliance laws and regulations, keeping abreast of recent changes and assists in the periodic revision of standards and procedures in light of changes in the needs of the organization and relevant laws and regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree required, minimum of 3 to 5 years of related experience
- Working knowledge of global compliance issues and federal, state & international regulations
- Ability to work cross-functionally as part of a highly collaborative international team
- Independence, with excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong analytical skills and ability to apply sound business/commercial knowledge in the production arena
- Preference is given to individuals holding advanced degrees including Juris Doctor (JD) or relevant certifications including Certified Healthcare Compliance (CHC), Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics (SCCE), etc.;
- Project management and process improvement experience, especially as it relates to compliance tools and systems;
- Demonstrated understanding of IT and how systems and applications integrate with business processes and operations;
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills;
- The ability to develop and maintain strong, lasting professional relationships; and
- Must be able to travel to other corporate locations.
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally disruptive, procedurally integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes. The Company's portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With more than $1 billion in revenues, NuVasive has approximately 2,600 employees and operates in more than 50 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.