LATAM, Colombia, Colombia
Minimum Level of Education Required: Associates Degree
Percentage of Travel: No travel required
The Demand Planner position is responsible for a timely and accurate demand plan for the organizations and products/portfolios assigned. They lead the monthly S&OP process for their respective customers and products and will use multiple sources to develop the demand plan of both component and set level including statistical forecasts, sales plans, scenario planning, portfolio management (new product introduction/phase-outs) and market intelligence.
This position leads the S&OP dialogue each month, proposes the appropriate levels of demand to plan for and gains consensus from their key counterparts in Sales, Marketing, Finance, Development, and Supply.
- Own and drive continuous improvement within the demand portion of the Sales and Operations Planning Process(S&OP). Lead the monthly forecasting cycle and oversee the forecasting process from long term strategy to short term execution for assigned products/portfolios. Develop and implement focused supply chain strategies to support business growth and profitability.
- Achieve minimal forecast error in monthly demand planning forecasts through appropriate analyzing and calculating of historical data and gathering extrinsic information from their customers to plan future demand.
- Keep Master Data and MRP / SAP system parameters accurate and up to date, to ensure the detailed demand component schedules are appropriately driven through MRP and are producing accurate and actionable data for Purchasing to execute against.
- Utilize demand history to statistically forecast projected demand to support planning horizon for all products and families assigned.
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, compare & refine statistical forecast models, summarize data, validate and evaluate forecast results.
- Lead and participate in cross-functional reviews to reconcile variances in demand forecasts and refine to reflect updated Sales & Marketing initiatives & inputs.
- Keep cross-functional partners, management and manufacturing sites aware of trends, potential changes and upside/downside risks.
- Manage and drive the S&OP demand planning & regional review sub-process for applicable portfolio, focusing on operational plan change drivers and financial plan gap-closing opportunities.
- Support business execution of new programs and initiatives that include promotional activities, new product launches, update projects, phase-outs and network, and distribution redesigns.
- Develop and implement long-term supply chain strategies and that address master data, data integrity, and cross-functional product maintenance decisions in support of business growth.
- Support master data maintenance and planning processes, ensuring the integrity of data to optimize demand planning performance.
- Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
- Participate in and lead collaborative projects with other cross-functional partners to remove barriers and advance our operational excellence.
- Partner with the procurement team, other Regional Demand Planners and other organizational colleagues to address constrained demand, when needed.
- Monitor key performance indicators, analyze cost-to-serve performance data, and coordinate cross-functional work teams to increase the effectiveness of supply chain initiatives.
- Reconcile annual plans with demand plans and communicate gaps.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Management, Operations, Logistics, Supply Chain or related field, with experience 2 to 4 years of related planning experience
Strong statistical, analytical and problem-solving ability
An entrepreneurial spirit is a must
Experience working with detailed product line forecasts and familiarity with the sales and operations planning process (S&OP)
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally disruptive, procedurally integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes. The Company's portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With more than $1 billion in revenues, NuVasive has approximately 2,600 employees and operates in more than 50 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.