Sr. Analyst, Indirect Tax
US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: No travel required
Location: CA - San Diego
This critical role on our Tax team will be responsible for all aspects of domestic transaction tax compliance & governance.
- Prepare, Review, and Approve Indirect Tax compliance (sales/use, property, gross receipts, business license, annual reports, etc.) and provide state tax consulting, including: nexus studies, technical research, exposure quantification, voluntary disclosures, audit defense, reverse sales tax audits, ASC 450 reviews, technology, planning and other state tax consulting
- Prepare and/or Review/Approve monthly accounting entries related to Indirect Taxes.
- Assist in providing excellent tax governance to entity accounting managers with Indirect Tax issues including compliance, planning, technology, and controversies
- Build profitable long-term relationships with cross-functional company personnel to ensure applicable information is collected to allow for up-front planning and appropriate tax treatment.
- Assist in assessing current Indirect Tax processes and evolve as needed, building in best practices, documentation, etc.
- Serve as a mentor to one or more employees
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting or Tax
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Possess a thorough knowledge of a variety of state and local sales and use tax laws, regulations, policies and procedures, as well as tax planning, restructuring, due diligence, audit defense, reverse audits and state controversy work
- Demonstrate management, analytical, organization, interpersonal, project management, communication skills, and highly developed Microsoft Suite skills (Word, Excel)
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and complete on a timely basis
- Excellent leadership, organizational, communication, and negotiation skills
- Highly motivated with a passion to learn and take on new responsibilities and initiatives
- Excellent business judgment and the ability to collaborate with others to achieve solutions and results
- CPA preferred
- Medical device industry experience
- Supervisory experience
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally disruptive, procedurally integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes. The Company's portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With more than $1 billion in revenues, NuVasive has approximately 2,600 employees and operates in more than 50 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.