Sr. Associate Product Manager - Med Device
US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Location: CA - San Diego
As a Senior Associate Product Manager at NuVasive, you'll focus on upstream marketing activities leading a product design from inception through the development process partnering with engineers, surgeons and a diverse population of internal/external teams on design iterations through commercialization and launch. This is an amazing opportunity for someone with passion and drive to manage products in several stages of development (i.e. near-term launch, pending FDA approval and new products). You will help come up with the product name, associated branding, technique, sales training and product launch with revenue goals in mind.
- Assist with the day-to-day progress of the product, including conducting marketing analysis to develop product specifications, coordinate technical product development, and release to production, as well as manage a prioritized list of customer and market requirements
- Conduct market research to identify/track market trends, produce competitive analysis/materials to compare like products from our competitors and product selection/definition.
- Perform your duties in compliance with applicable FDA and state regulations as well as standards. You are motivated and ready to immerse yourself in this role to become the subject matter expert.
- Bachelor's degree in Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Life/Physical Sciences
- 1+ years work experience in an engineering role or product development role
- Effective communication skills with strong confidence to present before groups of customers, vendors, peers, and leadership
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office with a strong ability to write business reports and correspondence as well as the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, employees, and management of organization
- Must be able/willing to occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
- Ability to participate in a cadaver lab throughout the product lifecycle as you work with a variety of internal/external resources on design iterations
- Operating room experience is preferred
- Experience working in Medical device
- Experience in a product management role, specifically with launching a product
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.