US, US, OH - West Carrollton
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Location: OH - West Carrollton
Reporting to the VP, Manufacturing, this position will have the responsibility for implementing new product launches, driving best practices throughout the new product and insourcing processes, conceiving and deploying innovative manufacturing systems, and executing large-scale production start-ups. Responsibilities include overseeing project managers, process engineers, quality engineers, validation engineers, CNC programmers, and tool designers. This includes developing proposals to drive operational excellence, supporting budgets and project plans, as well as building a talent base that can execute on the plans.
· Collaborate with senior management in the development, planning, and execution of annual business plans, short and long term strategic plans, developing budgets, capital plans and performance goals and objectives for each department.
· Develop and deploy manufacturing processes that set industry benchmarks for lead-time, small lot sizes, and cost.
· Develop and deploy inspection and validation strategies that set industry benchmarks for process stability and reproducibility.
· Build and propose business plans for large-scale initiatives.
· Conceive, design, develop, and deploy manufacturing processes and operations that support the timely launch of new products.
· Staff team to support aggressive improvement initiatives.
· Use lean principles to deliver complete value stream look of projects with total expected and demonstrated lead time and all cycle times less than TAKT time.
· Lead direct reports along with attracting and develop talent pertaining to strategic/tactical organizational needs.
· Consistently assesses emerging trends in manufacturing, their impact on the operation, and develops mitigating or leapfrogging proposals
· Provide leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training, and development.
· Manage material requirements to increase inventory turns and reduce levels on hand.
· Deploy processes that meet company, state, and federal standards for EH&S, Quality and Regulatory.
· Directly supervise multidisciplinary manufacturing engineering functions and project management. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.