Sr. Prototype Machinist - Lathe
US, CA - San Diego
Location: CA - San Diego
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Prototype Machinist as a dedicated lathe machinist at our San Diego facility. You will be working in our very well-kept and climate controlled 5000 sq. ft. prototype machine shop located in Sorrento Valley. In our shop, you'll program mostly one-off parts from basic designs to complex assemblies with some small production runs. Join our team if you're up for a challenging career with room for advancement in the medical device industry and want to be part of an exciting group that takes on new challenges every day so that people suffering from back pain can live a higher quality of life.
- Know most/all G&M codes for program prove-out & editing
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with alarms/programs
- Loading and unloading programs into the machine
- Ensure the tooling in the machine match requirements of the tool list
- Gather fixtures, collets, tooling, and stops as needed
- Able to set up and run manual and CNC lathes
- Know formulas for spindle speed and feed rate
- Verify conformance of finished work-piece to specifications using various measuring tools such as calipers, micrometers, depth micrometers
- Maintain organization and cleanliness, housekeeping and should maintain these areas at the highest degree possible and report any maintenance issues
- Stay on task and ensure current day scheduled work is completed on time
- Work with team to build and sustain a safe working environment
- Follow all safety rules, report all accidents and unsafe conditions and wear all Personal Protective Equipment
- Drive quality compliance using line clearance requirements, good document practices, and workmanship standards
- Confers with engineering, quality control, programming, or shareowners to resolve machining problems
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with all levels of the organization
- Help train and develop entry-level machinists
- Use de-burring tools
- Perform other job duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- 5+ years of experience in turning centers in a manufacturing environment
- Attendance and punctuality is required
- Understand, program and set-up basic to difficult programs
- Machinist: Experience with Haas Tl and ProtoTRAK machines, controls, and G&M code programming
- A desire to learn and be cross-trained
- Preferred knowledge of gages, calipers, and micrometers.
- Previous experience in medical device manufacturing a plus.
- Experience with Mastercam 2018
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.