Sr. Prototype Machinist - Orthopedics
US, US, CA - Aliso Viejo
Minimum Level of Education Required: High School/Equivalent
Percentage of Travel: No travel required
Location: CA - Aliso Viejo
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Prototype Machinist at our Aliso Viejo facility where our NuVasive Specialized Orthopedics team focuses on orthopedic trauma and deformity within all long bones and foot and ankle. We are looking for a highly skilled machinist to work on a variety of mills, lathes, Swiss, EDM, and others.
In this role, you will be working in our very well-kept and climate controlled 1500 sq. ft. prototype machine shop located in Aliso Viejo. In our shop, you'll program mostly one-off parts from basic designs to complex assemblies with some small production runs. Join our team if you're up for a challenging career with room for advancement in the medical device industry and want to be part of an exciting group that takes on new challenges every day so that people suffering from orthopedic trauma or deformity can live a higher quality of life.
- Program and operate Haas 2, 3,4, and 5 axis machining centers
- Perform complex set-ups and fabrication of prototype machined parts independently
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, and provide feedback regarding manufacturability to design engineers
- High proficiency in general machine shop practices including selection and use of cutting tools and holders, selection and creation of fixtures, feeds and speeds, machine maintenance, etc.
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with programming and operating CNC machines
- Hands-on experience with Mastercam 2017 CAM software to produce programs for multi-axis Haas mills
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Program engineer solid models using Mastercam 2017
- Programming and operating Haas 3, 4, and 5 axis milling machines
- Experience training other programmers
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally disruptive, procedurally integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes. The Company's portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With over $1 billion in revenues, NuVasive has an approximate 2,400 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals, and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.